Why Super Visa Insurance Is Essential for Parents or Grandparents Travelling To Canada?
Have you been wondering why Super Visa Insurance is important for parents or grandparents travelling to Canada or have you been searching for Super Visa Insurance plans? If yes, this blog is for you.
What is Super Visa and Super Visa Insurance?
The Super Visa is a special initiative by the Canadian government that facilitates the multiple entry of parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, who can visit their loved ones and family as many times as possible within a stipulated period. It was introduced by the Canadian Government in December 2011.
A particularly important component to qualify for Super Visa is the Canada Super Visa Insurance.
Why do you need Super Visa Insurance?
Medical services be it healthcare, hospitalization or repatriation are really costly in Canada. If you don’t have a health insurance plan, it might be very challenging for you to bear the medical expenses in Canada. Here’s where Super Visa Insurance comes in. Super Visa Insurance helps in covering the medical expenses of the visitors.
What are the criteria to be eligible for Super Visa?
You are eligible to apply for this visa if:
- You are a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Your child or grandchild meets the minimum income requirement (LICO threshold)
- Financial support will be provided by your child or grandchild.
- You pass a medical examination.
- You have medical insurance to cover the entire duration of your stay in Canada.
There are other requirements that have to be met which can be specified by your insurance service provider.
Things to remember while applying for Super Visa Insurance
- The minimum coverage amount should be $100,000 or more for healthcare, hospitalization, as well as repatriation and the coverage period should be a minimum of one year.
- The date of arrival in every company is considered to be the first day of the plan so make sure you notify the company in case of any changes.
Super Visa Insurance plans are built such that you can get a refund from them
if your parents or grandparents stay only for a short duration.
So if the insurance premium is paid in full, and there are no claims, you can expect a refund for the number of unused days. This is why InsuranceGully advises you to cover small expenses out of your pocket.
- You can always take the medical insurance coverage with pre-existing medical conditions like hypertension and diabetes, but you have to make sure that the condition is under control.
- If you’re looking to save some money, make sure you read the 5 Ways Of Saving Money On Your Super Visa Insurance.
Benefits of Super Visa Insurance.
- Most Super Visa eligible insurance plans do come with a special benefit that covers pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for a certain amount of time, which is set by the insurance provider of your choice.
- If your Super Visa application is rejected, there is a full premium refund in case the Visa is not granted. You will need to submit a Refund Form along with a copy of the rejection letter.
- As discussed earlier, you can get a refund if your parents or grandparents stay only for a short duration.
You need an insurance provider that delivers expert advice, has access to one of the largest arrays of coverage options from Canada’s leading insurance providers and guarantees competitive rates, InsuranceGully meets these needs and more.
If you are looking for companies providing Super Visa Insurance in Mississauga, feel free to get in touch with InsuranceGully and set up a complimentary consultation.